Sunday, March 25, 2007

i was disappointed by the sermon tonight at church. i feel like it's the same one i have heard millions of times before...don't be like the world..be set apart...be different. yeah, yeah, yeah. and our pastor talked about how it's so important to be at not only sunday morning service but also sunday night and wednesday night. i honestly think that God doesn't care if you don't go to church every time the door is opened...or even if you don't go every single sunday. Yet i would feel guilty as crap if i stayed home one sunday morning to sleep in or do something else. see what the "church" has instilled in me? guilt. where is that in the Bible?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mommy of Four said...

I disagree with that as well. I do agree that fellowship among other believers is very important for one's spiritual health, but I totally disagree that you have to be at church every time the door is opened. And yeah, I'm tired of that sermon, too. Sometimes I think it's be nice if they'd maybe preach on something that I haven't thought of, or maybe something that's rarely talked about (like the topic of Hell, maybe? It bugs me that people think that Hell should be an off-limits subject). Bah. I'm cranky today.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

you make me laugh...sorry you are cranky today. i would like a sermon on hell..or even sexual immorality...or just things that are subjects preachers don't like to talk about but need to be addressed anyway.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Mommy of Four said...

I think they should talk about sex. Scare all the old off-limits people. Ha. Take that you old farts.

I'm still cranky.

7:28 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

hey ! yes I am in ywam. have been for 4 years. Are you a ywam'er too? how were you pointed to my blog?

nice to meet you though, my name is hannah =)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

you need to get out of your cranky mood girl. :) and have you found out any new info on what we talked about on the phone? is that why you are cranky? okay, i HAVE to go study..i keep putting it off.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Mommy of Four said...

They think it's possible I may have miscarried. "Possible." But too late for them to find out if that's what happened. I'll never know for 100% certain. Nice, huh? Maybe that's why I'm cranky? I don't know. I quit my antidepressants cold turkey. Maybe THAT has something to do with it? The new meds they put me on made me gain 6 lbs in a WEEK. Maybe THAT has something to do with it? I don't know. I just posted on my blog to try and get out of this funk.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home