Saturday, August 02, 2008

Meat or Not to Meat..that is the Question

I don't know if I can eat meat anymore. I mean, I am sure I can..but I have been watching all these videos on how they treat the animals in the industrial farms. It's horrible. I know not all farms are like that. And truefully, I think God gave us meat to eat...but when these farms treat the animals so badly, it's really not worth it. I think I need to do research and see where the meat is coming from in my favorite restaurants, and maybe i can even find a farm around here that treats their animals well and kills them in a decent way. We eat 95% of our meals meatless, so if we did choose to go veg. then it wouldn't be a big jump for us. I have decided to start buying cage free eggs and organic milk. At least I know those animals are taken care of.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dena said...

I'm kind of in the same boat-on the verge and contemplating going vegetarian. Although we don't eat that many meatless meals-the hubs loves meat!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

yeah, i totally don't see anything wrong with eating meat. it's the way that the animals are treated that bothers me. of course, there are farms that don't treat their animals bad...in which i wouldn't mind eating their products. that's why we have switched to organic milk and cage free eggs. as for cheese and other non meat things, i am not sure...cuz i am not rich enough to buy organic cheese or much other organic things....and i don't see us getting rid of eating cheese or things like that.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mommy of Four said...

Buy locally. go to your farmer's market and stock up. That's the best way to go if you like your meat. Personally, we only eat ground turkey and chicken. Makes it much easier and less guilt.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

yeah, that's what i'm saying...find out about the farms that do treat their animals correctly. we don't LOVe meat anyway, but it's nice to have sometimes. I do love chick-fil-a, but the chickens are treated just as horribly as the cows and other animals.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Owen said...

Find a farmers market. You can be pretty sure that the animals were treated decently at a farm small enough to sell at a farmers market. All my meat comes from there for the same reasons you posted about.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

yeah, i love our farmers market. i am going to find out about the eggs and stuff there next saturday.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home