Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mountain Man

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5093761405570471922" />

Tyler in the car after too much driving. He was a great kid for the 10 hours we drove (one way).


I don't think Ty is too sure about sitting on this rock!


Ty, Jess, and Jess' dad


Jess and Ty on a trail in the mountains.


A view of Colorado Springs from the Helen Hunt Falls trail we were on. ...this is the place Jess proposed to me..great view!


Don't worry...You can see from my shadow that I am right there..I would never let Ty fall off the mountain!


Jess and I


Some mountains


More Mountains


Garden of the Gods


Rock at Garden of the Gods...look closely and you will see rock climbers...people climb there all the time.


Jess, Ty ,and I at Garden of the Gods


Jess and Ty at Garden of the Gods


Ty thinking he is going to get to drive..little does he know...


Jess, Ty and I at my favorite coffee shop..Black Bear


Just a cute picture

We are back home from Colorado. How sad. We had a great time though. Tyler became a little mountain man while we were gone. We did a lot of fun stuff...we hung out with some friends, we went to our favorite coffee shop, Black Bear, we went to Garden of the Gods, went to Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs, saw the church we got married in, we saw the new YWAM base (Jess' parents are in YWAM..and they just got a new base). we ate a lot of good food, went to see Transformers (the BEST movie), Jess and I had lots of "dates" where we went out without Tyler. Thank goodness for grandparents who want to watch the grandchild.

So Jess and I wanted to go to a nice restaurant for dinner our last night there. We didn't really know where to go, so I looked online for some restaurants. There was one called Solos, and it's this plane you can go eat in. Sounded cool, and the menu didn't look bad. Well, the food was CRAP. Oh well, it was fun eatting in an airplane restaurant...just really disappointed in the food. We went somewhere else for dessert.

I got a call on Monday from the doctor's office...looks like my foot is broken and not just sprained.

On the way home from Colorado, Jess got pulled over for speeding! The state trooper just gave us a warning, thank goodness!

We had a great time. It was a fun trip, even though I didn't get to go mountain biking or hiking. We did a little bit of walking around, and I probably shouldn't have done that! We saw cute little foxes and deer. I didn't get to see any mountain lions or bears this time. Oh well. The weather was PERFECT too...and now we are back in the hot, humid weather of Kansas City.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mommy of Four said...

JUST A WARNING?!?!?! And didn't I JUST finish telling you what happened to ME when I got pulled over by a state trooper?!?! NOT FAIR!

Bummer about the foot. So, are you in a cast?

And DO PLEASE tell me that's not a picture of Tyler in a forward-facing car seat?!?! Don't kill that boy before I ever get the chance to MEET HIM!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

yeah, just a warning.
not in a cast..they gave me this shoe thing that is too big.
yes, it's ty in a forward-facing car seat. we felt it was time to switch him over, and he is much happier now too.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Mommy of Four said...

MARIA! You ARE gonna kill that kid before I get to meet him!! 20 POUNDS AND AT LEAST ONE YEAR OLD! Safety and LAW! Our doc told us when AJ was 19 pounds that we had to turn her back to rear-facing (eventhough she was 14 months old) because she was not physically capable of withstanding a bad car accident, because her body weight is not capable of sustaining her. Happier as she was facing front, she'd be a lot happier ALIVE than dead! I swear I'll hurt you if I don't get to meet that boy!!!! Turn him around! Don't make me come out there!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

First...it's not a law. and second..he is 20 pounds. and two months away from one. i know how to take care of my boy! trust me, he is safe..i wouldn't do anything to harm him.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mommy of Four said...

YOU STINK!!!! :-P

And it's the actual law here. You can get a ticket for it, plus other charges. Not sure how they know whether your kid is 20 pounds or not (what, do they carry baby scales in their cop cars?????), but it's a good law. Surprising how few people know that they can't just put a 5-mo old forward-facing just because he's 20 pounds. People around here are just plain dumb!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

right. i am glad there are recommendations too (or in your case..laws) cuz there are stupid people out there. there is also no law for wearing helments when riding a motorcycle around here..and that is SO STUPID to me. do these people not know if they get in a wreck it is so dangerous for them? yet they still ride without a helment. i will never get it. anyway, ty is the weight requirement..and he is small for his age...plus it's not much longer until he is one. i just did it. he is happy, i am happy, and i feel like he is very safe. im going outside now to look at my garden ...later.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

super cute pics!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home