Saturday, August 16, 2008

The taste is dying...

So I went to chick-fil-a today. I really like that restaurant. Always have. We were out and about this morning, and still so at lunch. I had a coupon for a free chicken salad sandwich, so off we went. Well, I must say. I haven't eaten meat in a few weeks, and when I ate my chicken sandwich, it wasn't as good as it use to be. I think my taste pallet is growing away from meat. I cook all veggie stuff here at home, and when we go out (which isn't much..i like to cook) I have ordered veggie stuff. I haven't had a craving for meat, so I haven't eaten any. When I first started researching about the industrial farms and all, I contacted Chick-fil-a to ask them where they got their chicken. While they informed me that they keep very close eyes on their chicken farms (who knows if they really do), I haven't really wanted to eat there. So today was an indication that I might really be a vegetarian. I have not classified myself as one, because who knows. But I think I am starting to see that I don't really like meat that much anymore. It's like if you stop drinking coke for a while, then you go and drink one, it doesn't taste as good to you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Rader said...

Hmmm....very interesting =) And from the sound of things...you seem like a wondeful cook. Too bad I won't ever get a chance to sample your wares :(

3:21 PM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

you will just have to come to texas :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Dena said...

Very exciting for you! Glad it's something you've grown to like, not a new diet you had to struggle with. Here's to meat-free eating.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

no, it's not a new diet. how are you doing with your experiment?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jecca said...

:) awesome maria.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home